If you are hiding your smile because you have a chipped, cracked, or discolored tooth, know that dental treatment options are available to give you the confidence to smile again. At Bazos Dental, cosmetic dentists Dr. Vasiliki Bazos and Dr. Barbara Grace, located in Torrance, CA, know how dental treatments like tooth bonding can help improve your smile.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a procedure involving your dentist applying a tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth or teeth. The liquid resin restores your damaged tooth because it molds and shapes the tooth and then hardens. The result is a custom-designed smile that matches the color of your natural teeth. If needed, Dr. Bazos and Dr. Grace, of Torrance, CA, will use their expert knowledge in cosmetic dentistry to further shape the tooth after the resin hardens to ensure satisfactory results.
Why Should I Get Teeth Bonding?
There are several reasons why teeth bonding is a great way to restore and repair your teeth. These reasons include:
- Tooth bonding can fix a tooth defect or imperfection like decay, cracked enamel, or even discoloration.
- The procedure can help close small gaps in between your teeth.
- Bonding can ensure all of your teeth are of equal height to improve the look of your smile.
- Tooth bonding is a fast procedure that doesn't require anesthesia.
- There are no significant risks with teeth bonding.
How Do I Care For Bonded Teeth?
Good oral care is essential to maintain the life of your bonded teeth. To do this, you will want to:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- Do not bite your nails and avoid hard food and candy.
- Avoid intensely colored food and drink like coffee, tea, and carrots for the first few days after the procedure to prevent staining.
- Maintain regular visits with your dentist.
If you accidentally chip or break the bonding material, reach out to your dentist, and they will repair the damage.
When you have a healthy smile, you also boost your confidence level and no longer need to hide your smile from the world. If you are ready to learn more about dental bonding from a cosmetic dentist you can trust, call Dr. Bazos and Dr. Grace at Bazos Dental for a consultation today at (310) 378-1479.